Print Friendly Recipe
- A bag of herbs and spices is for seasoning stew or soup.
Serves/Makes:1 bouquet garni
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried parsley
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) dried thyme
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 ml) dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) sage
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried savory
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) crumbled dry bay leaf
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) celery seed
- 5 peppercorns
- Crush together the herbs and spices. Pace into a small bag made from several layers of cheesecloth.
- Tightly tie the bag shut with string.
- Add the garni while simmering the ingredients for any soup.
- Take out before serving and discard.
- Cook's Note: In bouquet garni, the amount of any ingredient can be
decreased or increased as desired according to personal tastes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.