Print Friendly Recipe
- A jazzed up version of chipped beef on toast.
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) butter or margarine
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) flour
- 3 cups (700 ml) milk (whatever percent you like)
- 1/3 bag frozen peas
- 1 small jar pimentos, with juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 large or 2 small jars dried beef
- mashed potatoes or toast
- In a good sized sauce pan, make a white sauce with the butter, flour and milk.
- When the white sauce thickens, add the peas and pimentos.
- Shred or cut the dried beef into bite sized pieces; add to white sauce.
- Heat the mixture until all is hot and the peas have thawed.
- Serve on mashed potatoes or toast.
- Some stores carry the dried beef in jars and some have it in air tight bags. It's usually near the tuna. Also, add beef, peas, pimiento etc. to taste. My family tends not to record formal recipes but just ingredients so I guessed a little here.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.