Print Friendly Recipe
- Acorn squash and apple soup
Serves/Makes:4 or more servings
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sliced carrot
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) apple cider or juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml). instant chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp (5 ml). lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). white pepper
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked acorn squash
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk or light cream
- Boil squash.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- In large saucepan cook onion and carrot in cider, covered, for about 12 minutes until tender.
- Do not drain.
- Add bouillon, lemon juice, ginger, and pepper.
- Transfer to blender/food processor.
- Add mashed squash and blend until smooth.
- Return squash mixture to pan and add milk or cream.
- Bring mix to boil stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat, cover, simmer 5-10 minutes, until blended, stirring once or twice.
- Easy and delicious.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.