Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 lb (.5 kg). large fresh white mushrooms (about 24), cleaned
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). vegetable oil, divided
- 4 oz (112 grm). bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup (125 ml). plus 2 tbsp (30 ml). shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Remove stems from mushrooms, finely chop enough stems to equal 1/2 cup (125 ml) and set aside.
- Place mushroom caps in a bowl and toss with 1 tbsp (15 ml). oil.
- Arrange caps, cavity side up, on a shallow baking pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp (15 ml). oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage, green onion, garlic, Italian seasoning and reserved chopped mushroom stems.
- Cook, stirring, breaking sausage into smaller pieces with a fork, for about five minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from heat; add 1/2 cup (125 ml) mozzarella and the Parmesan cheese and stir just until the cheese melts.
- Stuff mushroom caps with sausage mixture; sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp (30 ml). mozzarella.
- (Mushrooms may be made up to one day ahead to this point.)
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until mushrooms are tender.
- Very tasty appetizers.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.