Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 large eggs and l egg yolk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml). salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) sour cream
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) flour
- Beat eggs/yolk and oil with whisk until well blended.
- Add sour cream; blend thoroughly together.
- Add flour/salt and mix until well blended to form a ball.
- Knead 1 minute or so.
- Refrigerate, covered, for an hour.
- Roll out on floured board until very thin.
- Or use a pasta machine and run it through until thin.
- Boil pierogi's in large pot (do not overcrowd) with 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil in the water for about 8-10 minutes. It should be a slow boil not on "high" and a rolling boil.
- Stir gently.
- My grandparents on both sides of my family are from Poland and this is the recipe they have always used. My husband is Italian and I use this all the time to make ravioli's; his family changed to this recipe many years ago and still use it.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.