Print Friendly Recipe
- Lemon garlic dill pasta salad
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 10 oz (280 grm). bowtie or Penne pasta cooked al dente
- 1 sweet red pepper, small dice
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh dill, stems removed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in double salted water.
- Drain and run pasta under cold water until cool.
- Combine pasta with the red pepper, tomato and scallion.
- For the Dressing:
- In a food processor add the garlic, lemon, djion, salt and dill.
- Pulse machine till the ingredients are chopped fine, scraping down the bowl.
- Add the egg.
- With the machine running, add both the oils in a thin stream to form a mayonaise.
- THe dressing should be creamy and thick.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- Combine with pasta.
- This dressing is also tasty on potato salad or as a sandwich spread.
Editors note: because of current controversy concerning the consumption of raw eggs you might wish to coddle the egg first.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.