Print Friendly Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) quick oats, uncooked
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Combine liquid ingredients in small mixing bowl.
- Stir liquid mixture into dry mixture just until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Gently stir in cranberries.
- Fill paper-lined 2 3/4 inch muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with butter.
- NOTE: Muffins can be prepared ahead and frozen. Reheat in microwave one muffin on High (100%) for 30 to 45 seconds.
Recipe by the American Dairy Association.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.