Print Friendly Recipe
- Not too sweet and spicy pumpkin muffins with toasted chopped pecans on top. Delicious anytime of day.
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 tsp (12.5 ml) baking powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) pumpkin-pie spice
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) solid-pack pumpkin (not pumpkin-pie mix)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) packed dark brown sugar
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) margarine or butter (1/2 stick), melted
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pecans, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Grease twelve 2 1/2" by 1 1/4" muffin pan cups.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin-pie spice, and salt, set aside.
- In medium bowl, with wire whisk, mix milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, melted margarine or butter, vanilla, and eggs until blended.
- Stir into flour mixture until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan cups and sprinkle tops with chopped pecans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
- Immediately remove from pan and serve warm. (Or, cool completely on wire rack and reheat).
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.