Print Friendly Recipe
- Healthy Breakfast Muffins made with Bran Cereal, whole wheat flour, wheat germ and Dried Fruit and Nuts. Great for travelling too!
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) whole bran cereal
- 1 cup (225 ml) skim milk
- 2 slightly beaten egg whites
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) molasses
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) wheat germ
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins, or any favorite dried fruit
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped pecans, or any favorite nut
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cereal, milk, and egg whites together and soak for 3 minutes.
- Stir the molasses and oil into bran mixture, and set aside.
- Then, in a differnt large mixing bowl, add flours, wheat germ, baking soda, and baking powder together and make a well in the center.
- Add the bran mixture and stir to moisten.
- Fold in your choice of fruits and nuts.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) in a greased muffin tin for 20 to 25 minutes.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.