Print Friendly Recipe
- Buttery flavored rich doughnut balls drenched in lip smacking Cinnamon and sugar. The best.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:4 dozen or more
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 3 cups (700 ml) warm water
- 3 packages dry yeast
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 7 cups (1650 ml) flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, softened
- oil, for frying
- Dissolve yeast, salt, and sugar in water.
- Add 3 cups (700 ml) of flour and mix.
- Add eggs and butter, mix well.
- Add more flour until the consistency to knead. (Depending on the flour and the hunidiity in the air, it can take a bit more or less, look for a good kneading texture)
- Knead the dough and then let rise until doubled.
- Cut dough into walnut sized balls, or whatever size you like and let rise again.
- Deep fry like any doughnut recipe and roll the balls in Cinnamon and Sugar.
- Serve warm as a dessert or for breakfast.
- These are wonderful rolled in confectioner's sugar and cinnamon mixed together too. I like them dipped into a lemon cream cheese frosting/glaze and a bowl of fresh fruit for breakfast.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.