Print Friendly Recipe
- Moist muffins with wonderful warm spiced flavor.
- S. Chokel
- 2 cups (475 ml) of twice sifted flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 3 tsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) nutmeg
- 1/2 teapoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nutmeats
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) strong coffee
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) melted butter
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Stir in nuts.
- Combine egg, coffee, milk, and melted butter.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring only until mixed.
- Fill greased muffin tins two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- These are excellent served with cappacinos or mochas. Their sweet spicy flavor compliments Ham and/or sausages for breakfast. Try these with a tab of cream cheese instead of butter for a delicious treat.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.