Print Friendly Recipe
- Zippy Pickled Eggs are a treat (or considered a horror by some)! This is the BEST recipe for them I've ever tried.
- S. Chokel
- 2 cups (475 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) pickling spice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) celery seed
- 1 dozen hard cooked eggs, (shelled)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 lb (.5 kg). can of beets
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the vinegar, water, sugar, pickling spices, salt and celery seed.
- Bring to a boil and simmer; let cool.
- Once the pickling solution has cooled, add the beets and stir until well blended.
- Place the eggs comfortably in a wide mouth large jar or well sealing pitcher.
- Pour pickling solution over the eggs and add 1 garlic clove.
- Let sit in the refridgerator for at least 2-3 days before serving.
- Sliced pickled eggs is a pretty additon to any relish tray, or pop them for snacks! I learned and like to have them with kippers or other smoked fish, and salads, I think it is an old country thing.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.