Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:10 dozen 2"cookies
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) butter or margarine (no spread)
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 2 well beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) molasses
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vinegar
- 3-3/4 cups (875 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) soda
- 2 tsp (10 ml) to 3 tsp (15 ml) ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cloves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Cream butter with the sugar.
- Stir in eggs, molasses, and vinegar.
- Sift and add the flour,soda, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Mix ingredients til blended.
- Form 3/4" balls.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 15 minutes.
- Cookies will get the characteristic crinkled top as they bake.
- Let rest or 2 minutes before removing from sheet.
- Delicious for dunking in a glass of milk for an after school treat.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.