Print Friendly Recipe
- Beef and vegetables with wine sauce over noodles
- Joe Knaver
Serves/Makes:6 large servings
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). beef sirloin
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) oil
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped onion
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry wine
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 1 lb (.5 kg). mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Hungarian paprika
- cooked noodles or rice
- Cut beef into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add beef.
- Cook beef until almost browned.
- Add onion, bell pepper and paprika.
- Cook until onion is tender.
- Add wine and water and heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours, or until beef is tender.
- Stir in mushrooms and tomato.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and sour cream in a bowl.
- Stir sour cream mix into beef.
- Cook until thickened.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
- I am of Hungarian decent and this is one of my favorites. I also have been a member of a Hungarian Church all of my life (55 yrs) and this past summer we published a 100 page Hungarian Cookbook in honor of the churches 95th Anniversary. The cost is $5 plus $1 shipping. If your interested, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.