Print Friendly Recipe
- Arizona Tart
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 whole cut-up chicken (see substitutions at comment section)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- 4 cups (950 ml) raw rice, soaked and drained
- 7-1/2 cups (1775 ml) water
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). can tomato paste
- Seasonings to taste:
- plain yogurt
- hot sauce
- In a bowl, cover rice with water and allow to soak 1/2 to 1 hour.
- In a large pot, saute onions, tomatoes and meat in oil.
- Add spices to taste and simmer for about 10 minutes over low to medium heat.
- Add 7-1/2 cups (1775 ml) water and simmer until meat is tender.
- Drain rice which has been soaking and add to pot.
- Add tomato paste.
- Cook until water has been absorbed.
- Serve with plain yogurt, hot sauce, and fresh tossed greens and vegetable salad.
- This is a very traditional dish in Saudi Arabia and most parts of the Middle East.
1 1/2 pounds of lamb, stewing beef, or your favorite meat is fine.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.