Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicious and different way to use up extra zucchini. Try it for a nice supper and serve it with a chilled creamy fruit salad for a taste treat.
- Arizona Tart
- 6 large zucchini (6 to 8 inches long)
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). ground beef or lamb
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked rice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins
- 3 cups (700 ml) tomato sauce seasoned to taste with salt, pepper, cinnamon, cloves, and curry.
- Cut ends from zucchini and split lengthwise; remove seeds and discard.
- Saute meat and onion until meat is browned and onions are tender.
- Add raisins and cook until raisins are puffed up.
- Add precooked rice and mix completely.
- Stuff zucchini with meat and rice mixture and place in a baking dish.
- Heat spiced tomato sauce and pour over stuffed zucchinis to cover.
- Bake in a 400 degree (200 C.) oven until zucchini are tender and most of the tomato sauce is absorbed.
- A large zucchini in this recipe is about 6-8 inches long. For some of us who garden, that is just a little whipper snapper.. to us, a big one looks like an enlongated football!
This is truly delicious.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.