Print Friendly Recipe
- Make this sauce as the Easter or Christmas ham is resting to slice. Excellent flavor and a nice touch!
- Susan Doocy
Serves/Makes:1 1/2 cups approx.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) ham fat
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 1 tablespooon grated orange peel
- 1 cup (225 ml) orange juice
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) water
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) raisins
- Place fat in top of double boiler and melt if necessary.
- Add the flour and blend.
- Combine the water, orange juice and sugar and add very slowly to the fat-flour mixture.
- Stir constantly until the mixture thickens and add the raisins.
- Simmer for 15 minutes and stir frequently.
- Remove from the heat and add orange and lemon peel.
- Serve hot in a little crock or pitcher to use with ham slices.
- Note: This is is an excellent sauce to serve with roast pork or chicken. Omit the ham fat and use butter.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.