Print Friendly Recipe
- This is a treat for those who love a rich coffee flavor.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:4 coffee cups
- 5 cups (1175 ml) water
- heaping 6 tbsp (90 ml) regular grind coffee
- 1 raw egg, including shell
- a tiny pinch of salt
- Place water in coffee pot and bring to a boil.
- Combine coffee, salt and whole egg, including crushed shell, (be sure the egg is washed), and mix to a paste.
- Place egg and coffee mixture into boiling water and boil gently for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and dribble 3 4 tbsp (60 ml) of icy cold water over the coffee to settle the grounds.
- Allow to stand for a few minutes.
- Pour slowly into coffee cups.
- My father, who is in his 70's, swears this is the best thing next to heaven. If you want a treat, try it, if you have an older family member, surprise them with this delicious coffee after a holiday meal.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.