Print Friendly Recipe
- Traditional Czech Meat Lunch Loaf for Easter. Very good.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:2 9x13 inch pans
- 2 cups (475 ml) or 1 lb (.5 kg). beef
- 2 cups (475 ml) or 1 lb (.5 kg). pork
- 2 cups (475 ml) or 1 lb (.5 kg). veal
- 4 cups (950 ml) or 2 lbs (.9 kg). smoked ham
- 8 slices dry bread
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) onion tops or chives, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, mashed into a paste with salt
- 12 eggs, beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bouillon or onion soup mix
- Cook the meats and cut the meat into small cubes.
- Precook the ham in a separate kettle.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Soak the 8 slices of dry bread in the broth or water and add to the meat.
- Add minced onion tops or chives, garlic and salt, and eggs together.
- Then add 1/2 cup (125 ml) of bouillon or onoin soup mix, and mix all together well.
- Season anyway you want to taste. (We like to add a bit of sugar and red chiles)
- Bake in well greased 9 x 13 inch cake pan at 300 degrees (150 C.) for 1 to 2 hours.
- This is for traditional Czech Easter Meals.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.