Print Friendly Recipe
- This is the recipe for cole slaw made by the pioneers of the Dakotas. No oil or mayonnaise.
- S. Chokel
- 1 young head green cabbage
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cider vinegar
- Optional additions:
- chopped sweet peppers
- chopped fresh dug small onions
- chopped apples
- Beat cream, sugar, vinegar and salt together thoroughly until the dressing is like whipped cream.
- Discard the outer leaves of cabbage and shred the rest finely.
- Combine with the dressing just before you serve it.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.