Print Friendly Recipe
- Perfect tradtional Mustard Sauce to serve with ham or any vegetable, cheese, or roasted meat.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:About 3 cups
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dry mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) cream or half and half
- 6 beaten egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vinegar
- In a double boiler, mix sugar, mustard, salt and cream.
- Add SLOWLY; 6 egg yolks and vinegar.
- Cook in double boiler until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- If needed, thin mixture by adding a little more vinegar, or thicken by adding corn starch.
- Serve sauce hot.
- Can be re-heated to use later with success!
- For a wonderful after Easter or Christmas Ham luncheon, toast specialy breads, butter them, lay warm slices of ham and a thin slice or two of cheese, then drizzle hot mustard sauce over the top and sprinkle with paprika.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.