Print Friendly Recipe
- Terri McKibbon
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic-large
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml). minced pickled jalapeno chilies
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) or more chipitole in adobo
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) all-purpose flour
- 5 cups (1175 ml) milk
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). can plum tomatoes, juice discarded, tomatoes chopped and drained well
- 1 lb (.5 kg). elbow macaroni
- 2 cups (475 ml) Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 2 cups (475 ml) extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) freshly grated parmasan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- In heavy saucepan cook onion, garlic, jalapenos, in butter over moderate heat, stirring until onion is soft.
- Stir flour into mixture; cook about 3 minutes.
- Add milk in a stream while whisking; bring to boil, whisking, and whisk in tomatoes.
- Simmer mixture 2 minutes then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook macaroni and drain.
- In large bowl combine noodles with mixture and cheeses; stir well.
- Transfer to buttered baking dish (3 quarts (2850 ml) au gratin dish).
- Stir bread crumbs and parmesan together; sprinkle over noodles.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- This recipe is a must in my house all year round.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.