Print Friendly Recipe
- Chocolate and Waffles.. hmmm.. both good, together, HEAVEN! Is there anymore to say? Easy to make too!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:6 or more small waffles
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 3 tsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) cocoa
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, melted
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- toasted almonds, optional
- whipped cream, optional
- chocolate/fudge sauce
- Sift dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the wet ingrdients, omitting the egg whites, and blend into the dry ingredients.
- Carefully fold in the egg whites to the combined mixture keeping as much of the air as possible to ensure light tender waffles.
- Bake in a hot prepared or teflon/stick proof hot waffle iron.
- Serve as you like! We like ours with chopped toasted almonds, whipped cream and a nice drizzle of hot fudgey chocolate sauce.
- Mother's Day Treat! Or the perfect breakfast for chocolate lovers! Try this as a dessert for families, teenagers especially love these!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.