Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicious sweet and sour (oil, vinegar, and sugar dressing) slaw that is a German tradition, and an American Favorite.
- 1 small to medium head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and chopped small
- 1 onion, chopped small
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 cup (225 ml) salad oil, (corn, vegetable, canola, your choice)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) celery seed
- Optional: 1 2 cup (475 ml) shredded carrots
- Combine cabbage, green pepper, onion and optional carrots if using together and mix well, and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, mix sugar, vinegar, oil, salt, and celery seed. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Pour over the slaw, blend to coat all vegetables well, chill and serve.
- Many times, I add crushed pineapple, apples, and carrots for a really fun and tasty slaw.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2014 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.