Print Friendly Recipe
- Terri Mckibbon
- 4 boneless,skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tsp (10 ml). extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry vermouth or dry white wine
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) to 3 tbsp (45 ml) fresh French tarragon
- 1 tsp (5 ml). fresh squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooked buttered egg noodles
- Sseason both sides of chicken and brown each side in oil.
- Transfer to chicken plate.
- Reduce heat and add shallots on low, stir constantly, 1 minute.
- Add vermouth and cook 30 seconds, add cream and half of tarragon.
- Return chicken to pan and adjust heat to gentle simmer.
- Cover and cook until chicken is firm, no pink.
- Transfer chicken to warm serving platter or plates.
- Stir in sauce the remaining tarragon, lemon, and salt and pepper.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Pour over chicken right away and serve with buttered egg noodles.
- This recipe is a great addition to your weekly menu.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.