Print Friendly Recipe
- Fried Bananas
- Angela Creighton
- 1 cup (225 ml) sifted flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 6 medium firm, ripe bananas
- Oil for frying
- Confectioners' sugar for garnish
- Into a small bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another small bowl, beat eggs, milk and oil together with a rotary beater or whisk.
- Combine liquid ingredients with dry ingredients; stir until all flour is moistened.
- Slice bananas in half lengthwise; dip into batter using fingers. Drain any excess batter.
- Drop bananas into at least 2 inches hot oil (375 degrees (200 C.) on deep frying thermometer) in a deep skillet or deep-fat fryer.
- Fry a few at a time, turning once, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately, sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.