Print Friendly Recipe
- Chocolatey minty muffins
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) of unbleached white flour
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). of Cocoa powder
- 3 tsp (15 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) plus a tbsp. unsweetend applesauce
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) of chocolate soy beverage
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) to 1 tsp (5 ml). mint extract
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) or a little less chocolate chips (carob chips may be used instead)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- In medium bowl mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In small bowl mix oil, applesauce, soy beverage and mint extract.
- Add liquid ingredients all at once to dry ingredients just until moist being careful not to over beat.
- Add chocolate chips, fold in gently.
- Pour into paper lined muffin tins
- Bake for about 18 minutes
- I invented this for my son who is Vegetarian and loves the taste of mint and chocolate. It is quite a delicious muffin and good for you too!!!!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.