Print Friendly Recipe
- Terri McKibbon
- 12 9 inch tortillas
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). oil
- 1 minced onion
- 2 chopped red chili peppers
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can pinto beans, drained and mashed
- 1 cup (225 ml) bottled thick and chunky salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- Cut tortillas into quarters, and cut each into triangles.
- Heat 2 tbsp (30 ml). oil in pan, and cook triangles 30 seconds.
- Cook each side and remove and drain on paper towels.
- Heat oil in pan on medium heat, add garlic and chili peppers; cook until tender.
- Stir in beans, salsa, and cilantro.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Spread topping onto triangles, add cheese, and cook 1 minute under broiler, just until cheese melts.
- Triangles can also be cooked in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 5 minutes, add topping, add cheese and cook until melted, instead of using oil.
This is great for parties or snacks.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.