Print Friendly Recipe
- Terri Mckibbon
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 lb (.5 kg). tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups (475 ml) dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 7 oz (196 grm). jar Italian-style roasted peppers
- 4 dozen mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- Heat oil in large pot on medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook until softened.
- Add tomatoes, wine, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Process peppers with liquid in processor until pureed.
- Add pureed mixture to tomato mixture.
- Cook 30 minutes.
- Add more wine if mixture is too dry.
- Increase heat to medium and arrange mussels on tomato mixture; cook 5 minutes.
- Discard any mussels that don't open.
- Remove mussels and discard top half of shell for each.
- Return mussels to sauce, discard bay leaf.
- Excellent taste.....
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.