Print Friendly Recipe
- Terri McK
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml). shredded orange peel
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) canned pumkin (Libby's)
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded carrots
- 1 cup (225 ml) walnuts, chopped
- orange icing (see recipe)
- walnut halves-garnish
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sifted powdered sugar
- 2 or 3 tbs (45 ml) orange liqueur or orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl combine flour, orange peel, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl combine eggs and sugar.
- Stir in pumpkin, oil, milk, and vanilla
- Stir in shredded carrots and walnuts.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture stirring with wooden spoon.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 25 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Orange Icing:
- In mixing bowl add sugar and enough liqueur to make easy for drizzling over cooled bars.
- Spread icing and cut into triangle bars.
- Garnish with half of a walnut for each bar.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- This has a wonderful flavour and is great for all occasions.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.