Print Friendly Recipe
- A marinade for chicken or beef.
Serves/Makes:1 batch marinade
- 1 cup (225 ml) soy sauce
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) light brown sugar
- 3 or more cloves garlic, crushed (depending on your taste)
- 2 stalks of celery, juice only (DO NOT OMIT THIS)
- 1 piece of fresh ginger (can be omitted)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable or peanut oil
- For Glaze:
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) water
- Mix all but oil together.
- Bring to boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add oil.
- Cool completely.
- Pour over chicken or thinly sliced flank steak and marinate for several hours or overnight (You may wish to keep some of the liquid separate from the meat for dipping).
- You can add 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch with 1 tbsp (15 ml) water to the cooled liquid, bring to boil stirring constantly til thickened slightly and use as a dip, or glaze, etcetera.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.