Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:3 1/2 cups
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted* and deseeded
- 2 15 oz (420 grm). cans of garbanzo beans, drained
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) tahini
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 4 tsp (20 ml). ground coriander
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml). salt
- 2 lg. cloves of garlic
- sliced black olives for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until a smooth paste.
- Thin with 2 tbsp (30 ml) to 6 tbsp (90 ml) of water if too thick.
- Serve with pita bread wedges.
- * To roast peppers, place on a gas range or outdoor grill. Rotate occasionally until black on all sides. Place pepper in a paper bag, close & let sit for 10 minutes. Peel off blackened skin. Do not run pepper under water - the flavor is in the juices.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.