Print Friendly Recipe
- A healthy, tasty soup with lots of broth
- Allen M
Serves/Makes:4 as a main dish
- 1 lb (.5 kg). chicken breast, cubed or cut into short strips
- 2 cups (475 ml) broccoli, sliced in thin stalks
- 1 cup (225 ml) celery, sliced
- 2 cups (475 ml) napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon grass stalk, minced (or substitute garlic)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sesame oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- 6 cups (1425 ml) chicken broth (more or less depending on how much broth you want)
- Mix ginger, lemon grass, Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, and wine with chicken. Set aside for at least 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Put a bit of vegetable oil in a well-seasoned or non-stick wok. Bring to high heat.
- Stir fry the broccoli and celery until slightly tender.
- Add chicken and sauces, and cook until chicken is just done, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken broth and cilantro. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cabbage, simmer for 5 minutes, and serve.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.