Print Friendly Recipe
- Kale worked in with Pork Chops as a main dish.
- S. Chokel via Internet Surfing
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). kale
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 large peeled clove garlic
- 4 thick pork chops
- 2 tsp (10 ml) fennel
- 1 cup (225 ml) hot water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) tomato paste
- Soak kale and rinse it vigorously.
- Simmer kale for 20 minutes with salt in large pot.
- While kale is cooking, heat oil in large fry pan.
- Add garlic to pan and cook for 2 minutes over low heat.
- Add pork chops and saute for 5 minutes on each side.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and fennel seed.
- Dissolve tomato paste in hot water and add.
- Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce to kale.
- Cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- The originator of this recipe indicated that the fennel seed is key and don't omit or substitue. Also, they use the whole small can of tomato paste and not just a tablespoon as the recipe directs.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.