Print Friendly Recipe
- A winner from toddler to senior citizens for flavor and ease of making!
Serves/Makes:2 dozen approx.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 stick of butter or oleo
- 35 dates, cut up (about 1/2 lb (.2 kg).)
- 2 cups (475 ml) Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped nuts
- shredded coconut or dipping chocolate
- Cook the egg, sugar, and butter over medium high heat in a heavy saucepan for about 5-7 minutes. Everything should be well blended, dissolved, and starting to be thickened.
- Add the Rice Krispies and the chopped nuts.
- Form into balls.
- Roll in shredded coconut or chill and dip in chocolate.
- Place on waxed paper.
- For adult use only, I like to add liqueurs or a liqour these no-bake cookies, try rum or brandy with this one, and bourbon whiskey isn't too bad either!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.