Print Friendly Recipe
- So good you'll win an award for best chef!
- S. Chokel
- 1 cup (225 ml) long grain rice, uncooked
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 3 ribs (stalks) celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 oz (224 grm). shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) coarsely chopped walnuts
- 10 oz (280 grm). fresh broccoli, blanched and chopped
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Melt butter in large skillet, and saute celery and onion till onion is soft, but not browned.
- Add cooked rice, chopped broccoli, a shy 1/2 cup (125 ml) of nuts, and cheese.
- Pour into a greased casserole and top with remaining generous 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped nuts and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 30 minutes.
- Note: This is an excellent way to serve broccoli at family meals, but especially nice for holiday dinners and potlucks! Add a can of cream of chicken soup and a soup can of milk and 2 cups of chopped cooked chicken for a tasty and simple main dish.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.