Print Friendly Recipe
- 8 oz (224 grm). rough puff pastry
- 2 oz (56 grm). organic butter
- 4 oz (112 grm). organic currants
- 2 oz (56 grm). mixed peel
- 2 oz (56 grm). organic soft brown sugar
- Roll pastry out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into rounds 4 inches in diameter.
- Warm the butter in a saucepan and mix into it the sugar, currants and peel.
- Place a tspful of this mixture into the center of each pastry round.
- Dampen the edges of the pastry.
- Press the edges together sealing in the currants etc.
- Place upside down on a greased baking tray and press them down a little.
- Make three small cuts across the centre of each cake.
- Brush with water and sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees (225 C.) for 20 minutes.
- From 2001 The Green Chronicle website. If you search at www.google.com you will find more recipes for Eccles Cake.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.