Print Friendly Recipe
- Bread pudding that you bake and serve warm with half and half
- helen b
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 6 slices bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cocoa
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 2 egg whites
- half and half
- Scald milk.
- Remove from heat and add bread; beat until smooth.
- Add sugar, cocoa and egg yolks.
- Beat until well blended.
- Add butter and vanilla.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold into mixture.
- Pour in buttered dish and set in a pan of hot water.
- Bake until firm at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 40 minutes.
- Serve warm with half and half.
- This is my husband's favorite receipe. It was his Grandmother's Recipe. He loves it so much, he eats the whole pan. Enjoy.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.