Print Friendly Recipe
- Terri Mck
- 4 cups (950 ml) cake flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) baking powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 2 oz (56 grm). cold butter
- 2 oz (56 grm). vegetable shortening
- 1 oz (28 grm). cold refined lard
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cold milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cut lard and butter into dry mixture.
- Stir in milk quickly, about 10 strokes.
- Knead dough on floured surface, 10 strokes back and forth.
- Push dough out rolling to a 3 inch thickness.
- Use floured biscuit cutter to cut.
- Place close together on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- These wonderful baked goods just keep rising and rising.
For some zip add 1 1/2 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese when adding milk.
Sprinkle cheese on each before baking.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.