Print Friendly Recipe
- Very delicious
- 1 fairly lean pot roast
- 1 package dehydrated onion soup mix
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- carrots, optional
- potatoes, optional
- Place half the onion in bottom of slow cooker.
- Rub the roast with the soup mix.
- Place roast in pot, and top with remaining onion.
- Cover and cook on low heat for at least 12 hours.
- Do not panic and add water it will make its own juices.
- You can add carrots or potatoes to the roast.
- Just be sure to place veggies in the bottom, so they will absorb the juices.
- I got this recipe from www.busycooks.about.com. I have made it a couple of times and my family raves about it every time. It makes a great gravy. I cool it in the refrigerator until fat hardens and then remove it to lower the fat content. It is great with mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.