Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can of garbanzo beans
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) tahini (sesame seed paste)
- a little water(for desired consistency)
- salt to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil to top
- paprika, optional
- pita bread
- Drain garbanzo beans and place in food processor.
- Add garlic, lemon juice and tahini paste.
- Process until smooth.
- If too thick add a little bit of water at a time until you reach the consistency you like.
- Salt to taste.
- With the bowl of a tsp, make a swirled indentation and "float the olive oil on top.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
- Serve with warm pita bread.
- I was married to someone from Lebanon and this is the recipe that I learned.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.