Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 package active dry yeast, or equivalent
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) warm water
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- Dissolve yeast in water.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Knead on a floured surface until smooth (about 5 minutes).
- Divide into six balls and knead each until smooth and elastic.
- Flatten each to 1/4" thick and 4-5 inches in diameter.
- Cover with a damp towel and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Place upside down on a cookie sheet and bake at 500 degrees (250 C.) for 10-15 minutes, until light brown.
- These work well with whole-wheat flour too.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.