Print Friendly Recipe
- MsTified via RecipeCenter.com
Serves/Makes:10 Pita Pockets
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) dry yeast
- 2 tsp (10 ml) brown sugar
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) warm water
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix yeast and sugar with a 1/2 cup (125 ml) of warm water.
- Leave till it becomes foamy.
- Gradually pour liquid into flour mixture, adding just enough water to make a soft but not sticky dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Knead lightly on a floured surface.
- Divide dough into 10 equal portions, knead each one slightly.
- Roll each portion into an oval about 8' X 5'.
- Place on a lightly floured baking tray.
- Brush tops lightly with oil and let rise for 1 hour.
- Bake in a preheated 475 degree (250 C.) oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- As soon as they are removed from the oven, brush very lightly with a little water, then cool on a wire rack.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.