Print Friendly Recipe
- An old family recipe, a meal in itself
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). ground beef
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). can diced tomatoes
- 2 15 oz (420 grm). cans corn
- 2 15 oz (420 grm). cans creamed corn
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil chicken in 3 cups (700 ml) of water and salt to taste (best if do night before while making other dinner); let cool.
- Keep broth.
- Brown beef in large pot; drain fat.
- Add chopped bell pepper and chopped onion and cook until tender.
- Add chicken broth.
- Debone and remove skin from chicken, chop and add.
- Add can of tomatoes.
- Add all 4 cans of corn.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring stew to boil then turn down and let cook at least one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Great with corn bread.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.