Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:1 9 X 13 inch pan
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1 box dry yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coconut
- 1 can sliced apples or 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) sliced fresh apples
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 c, sour cream
- 1 t, cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks
- Cut butter into the cake mix as you would for a pie crust until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the coconut and pat lightly into an ungreased 9 x 13 inch pan, forming edges about 1/2 " up the sides of the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 10 minutes.
- For the topping, spread the apples in the pan while the crust is still warm.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over the apples.
- Mix sour cream and egg yolks and drizzle over the apples and sugar. This will not completely cover the apple layer.
- Bake in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 25 minutes, serve warm.
- My Mother used to make this for me as a child.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.