Print Friendly Recipe
- Teri W.
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) white sugar
- 3-1/2 tbsp (50 ml) flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cream (I use 1/2 & 1/2)
- Butter size of a walnut (I use 1 tbsp)
- Nutmeg or cinnamon if you want (optional)
- Mix sugars, flour, and salt in pie shell with your finger (or you can use a fork).
- Add the cream.
- Finish filling with milk.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 15 minutes, then turn down to 350 degrees (175 C.) for 40 minutes.
- I don't know if this is what you are looking for or not...or if it is even close, but I think it might be. My Grandmother is 96 & also Pennsylvania Dutch. She used to make this quite often. I only recently re-discovered it when she gave me her old hand written recipe book!!!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.