Print Friendly Recipe
- La Sante
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) instant coffee granules
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking soda
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup (225 ml) pureed prunes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) peppermint extract
- 1 1 lb (.5 kg). box powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) boiling water
- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups (475 ml) frozen reduced calorie whipped topping, thawed
- Combine flour, coffee granules and soda in bowl; stir well and set aside.
- Set aside 3/4 cup (175 ml) cocoa.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) cocoa, 2/3 cup (150 ml) prunes, cold water, salt, sugar, and extract.
- Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Add remaining 1/3 cup (80 ml) prunes, eggs, and reserved 3/4 cup (175 ml) cocoa to bowl.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beat on slow speed until smooth.
- Stir in hot water.
- Spray vegetable cooking spray into 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Add batter to pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 35-40 minutes.
- Fold whipped topping into reserved 3/4 cup (175 ml) cocoa; spread over cake.
- Cover and chill.
- Great recipe!!!!!!!
The coffee and prunes enhance the flavour of the devil's
Source: La sante gourmet Foods
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.