Print Friendly Recipe
- A great do-ahead brunch casserole.
- Donna Rice
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). package Jimmy Dean ground sausage-cooked, drained and crumbled
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) cubed day-old bread
- 2 cups (475 ml) shredded sharp chedder cheese
- 10 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 cups (950 ml) whole milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dry mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) onion powder
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) peeled chopped tomatoes or pico de gallo
- Put bread in well-buttered 9 X 13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Combine eggs, milk, mustard, salt, onion powder and pepper.
- Pour over bread and cheese.
- Sprinkle cooked sausage, raw mushrooms and tomatoes (or pico de gallo) over top.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour.
- Tent with poil if top begins to brown too quickly.
- The pico de gallo was an accident because that is what I had on hand instead of tomatoes.
Everyone thought it was wonderful and that the pico de gallo was what made the dish.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.