Print Friendly Recipe
- Terri McK
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 2 bay leaves, whole
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cayenne
- 1 tsp (5 ml) black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) white pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 c, celery, diced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) minced garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) ketchup
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). ground beef
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). ground pork
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) very fine bread crumbs
- Combine seasoning in bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in 1 quart (950 ml) sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, peppers, garlic, tabasco, Worcestershire, and seasoning mixture; saute 6 minutes.
- Stir in ketchup and milk; remove from heat and cool.
- In a bowl, combine meats, eggs, veggies, and bread crumbs.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Mix by hand into shape of loaf.
- Place loaf in ungreased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake first uncovered for 25 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.), then covered for another 35 minutes at 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Serve with hot sauce.
- I just spent a month in Montreal and came across this recipe from a local chef. The best meat loaf ever.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.