Print Friendly Recipe
- Main Dish
Serves/Makes:1 9 inch tart
- 2 yellow squash, sliced (about 3/4 lb (.3 kg).)
- 2 zucchini, sliced (about 3/4 lb (.3 kg).)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). carton sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 9-inch baked pie crust
- Combine yellow squash, zucchini, water and salt in a skillet; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Combine butter and half of squash mixture in a large bowl; coarsely mash.
- Stir in eggs, sour cream, onions, salt and pepper; pour into prepared pastry.
- Arrange remaining squash and zucchini slices on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.